Wednesday, 26 July 2017

Reminding myself

It has been a tricky year, one of my most challenging years to date. That's why I have been withdrawn and quiet. It's like I have been here but not been here all at the same time. 

Things finally began to change 12 weeks ago when I made a decision to hand my notice in at work, to step away from a job that I love. I finished last week, an emotionally tired and drained wreck. I can't talk about it, and I don't have the words to express it.

This week has been all about moving forwards, reminding myself of who I am. A friend challenged me to keep a journal, and that has been helping a lot. Writing down my thoughts gives me focus. Making time to write it down and not forget it, but process and store everything that has built up over the last year, so I can move forward, so I can move on.

My sister took me out for a much needed brunch and chat this week, sisters are so good at speaking the truth and seeing you despite all the chaos happening around you. 


She reminded me that:

I want to move forward. 
I want to remind myself of who I am. 
I need to dream again.

Sometimes I think we all need a reminder about who we are. I wrote down all the things that I need reminding of on a daily basis about at the moment, it would be great to have them on a metal  24 x 30 in customised sign in my kitchen that I stare at whilst I drink my first cup of the tea in the morning. To remind me when I am making lunch that I am valued and loved, and I have the ability to love beyond, and dream bigger than I ever imagined. To get my attention just before I head upstairs to bed that a new day is coming, and with that I need to be brave and true to who I am.

This is what I came up with! 


This is the end of that challenging year, and the start of something new for me. These words are the start of me, being me again and being true to who I am. What do you need reminding of at the moment? What words would inspire you?  

This post is an entry into the #MyCustomSign www.smartsign.com blogger challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment